Build and Deploy New Connector Version
- Connector source code is in Evolveum OpenICF git repo at github:
- Modify the connector code, build it, install to local maven repo (mvn clean install)
- Test the connector by changing the dependency in midpoint/build-system/pom.xml and running appropriate unit tests ... or by manual jar deploy and manual test
- Commit changes (committing to
- Determine connector version by using
git describe(see below)
- Change version in connector pom.xml file. E.g. from
1.1.0.em23. DO NOT COMMIT this change.
- Build the connector with the new version (mvn clean install)
- Deploy the artifacts from
targetdirectory to http://nexus.evolveum.com/. Deploy to "OpenICF Releases (Evolveum)" repository.
target/reduced-pom.xmlas pom file in nexus.
- Add the *.jar artifact from the
- Add source artifact (if available)
- Click "Deploy" button
- Revert the version number change in the pom.xml to avoid accidental commit (e.g.
git checkout pom.xml)
- If the connector is a bundled midPoint connector (ldap, csvfile, dbtable, ...)
- change the connector version in midpoint/build-system/pom.xml and run appropriate tests
- change the connector version in provisioning-impl test XML files
- update Identity Connectors wiki page
Connector versions are in the form:
The a, b and c versions are determined by upstream development schedule (by ForgeRock OpenICF development plan). The last number is used to Evolveum intermediary releases. The last number is in a form
XXX is the number of commits in evolveum git repository from the last upstream release. It can be determined by running
git describe. E.g. the output
126.96.36.199-42-g659ec33 means that there were 42 commits from the last tag. Therefore the connector version number will be
But .... in the meantime while there are no tags for OpenICF releases in the evolveum repository we use
emark tag as a reference and prepend the number with
m. Therefore is the
git describe displays
emark-3-g759fc53 the resulting connector version will be
1.1.0.em3. Note the m letter and also note that the version is
1.1.0.emXXX and not
1.1.1.emXXX (the current version is
188.8.131.52-SNAPSHOT which means that the last released version was 184.108.40.206).