- User interface improvements
- Data model improvements
- Full implementation of
- TODO: locality, etc.
- Full implementation of
- Security improvements
- Password Policy: prohibited projection values
- Negative item enumeration in authorizations (
- Provisioning Propagation
- Ad-hoc provisioning script execution
- Performance and scalability improvements
- Miscellaneous improvements
- Improved handling of function library updates
- Minor mapping improvements
- Improved SMS gateway support (HTTP POST method)
- CSV connector supports script execution
Oracle database 11g is no longer supported. It is replaced by Oracle 12c database support.
PostresSQL 8.4.x is no longer supported.
MySQL 5.6 family is no longer supported.
Microsoft SQL 2008 and 2008 R2 are no longer supported.
Old CSVFile Connector is deprecated and it is no longer bundled with midPoint.
- MidPoint 3.8 comes with a bundled LDAP-based eDirectory connector. This connector is stable, however it is not included in the normal midPoint support. Support for this connector has to be purchased separately.
- There is an option to modify midPoint to support LDAP and CAS authentication by using Spring Security modules. This method is used in several midPoint deployments. However, such authentication modules are not officially supported as part of usual midPoint subscriptions. Only community-level support is provided for those modules. Commercial-grade support for this authentication method is available, but it has to be explicitly negotiated in a subscription contract.
- MidPoint user interface has flexible (fluid) design and it is able to adapt to various screen sizes, including screen sizes used by some mobile devices. However, midPoint administration interface is also quite complex and it would be very difficult to correctly support all midPoint functionality on very small screens. Therefore midPoint often works well on larger mobile devices (tablets) it is very likely to be problematic on small screens (mobile phones). Even though midPoint may work well on mobile devices, the support for small screens is not included in standard midPoint subscription. Partial support for small screens (e.g. only for self-service purposes) may be provided, but it has to be explicitly negotiated in a subscription contract.
MidPoint is known to work well in the following deployment environment. The following list is list of tested platforms, i.e. platforms that midPoint team or reliable partners personally tested with this release. The version numbers in parentheses are the actual version numbers used for the tests. However it is very likely that midPoint will also work in similar environments. Also note that this list is not closed. MidPoint can be supported in almost any reasonably recent platform (please contact Evolveum for more details).