To be able to execute the tests written via the Schrodinger framework, there are a couple of initial steps to be taken:
- Pick a browser on which you wish to execute the tests and download the corresponding webdriver supported for executing selenium tests (e.g. the latest ones for the chrome web browser can be found here)
- Locate the schrodinger.properties properties file present in midpoint/testing/schrodingertest/src/test/resources/configuration/ and add the following values:
- For "webdriver" specify the name of the webdriver system property (e.g. for chrome "webdriver.chrome.driver")
- For "webdriverLocation" input the path to the web driver executable which you downloaded during "step
- For "base_url" input the URL on which the midpoint application resides (e.g. " )
- For "password" input the password for the tests user (The user which the tests automation mechanism will use to test the gui)
- For ''username" input the username for the test user (Same as above)
- Add the following VM option to your environment: "-Dmidpoint.schrodinger=true" and restart midpoint.
- Test execution using maven: ....TBD...
- And that's it. Have fun testing !
Integration with an automation server (Jenkins)
Further framework extension
Adding custom test suites